Meet the characters of Mickey Mouse and his friends from various Disney cartoons. Choose the pictures you want in two versions. The first one is painting with the mouse, so called online. Another option is to print out the pictures from drukonka.pl and color them on a piece of paper with your writing instruments.
Mickey Mouse Coloring Pages
The story of Mickey Mouse
Mickey Mouse is an animated character created by Walt Disney - he is a playful and always curious mouse. She was first shown in the movie Steamboat Willie, on November 18, 1928. She is about 70 centimeters tall and weighs a little over 10 kilograms. The character is very easy to recognize thanks to its large rounded ears. She is usually dressed in red shorts and white gloves. She also wears rather large yellow shoes.
It is the most popular Disney character as well as a recognizable cartoon character around the world. She serves as the mascot of the Walt Disney Company. She has appeared in over 130 films for which she has received numerous awards. In 1932, Walt Disney received an honorary Academy Award for creating Mickey Mouse. In 1978, Mickey became the first animated character to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Currently, Mickey Mouse is the highest earning animated character of all time, and as of yet, no one has even come close to the results he achieves each year.
1) The character was supposed to be a rabbit - that was the idea at the very beginning. It was supposed to be Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, but Disney lost the copyright to the rabbit. It was taken over by his business partner from Universal - surely this change worked out well for everyone.
2) The name of our hero at the very beginning was to be Mortimer - here the name did not appeal to Disney's wife Lillian who preferred him to be called Mickey and so it remained.
3) Do you remember Oswald the Lucky Rabbit? Walt Disney created this character before he created Mickey. However, he eventually lost the rights to Oswald in a dispute with a business partner at Universal. Oswald inspired the birth of Mickey Mouse. In fact, the resemblance is impossible to miss.
4) Number of fingers on the hands of the character - here there were many disputes because at the very beginning the number of fingers as in humans had to be 5, however, in the drawings the character was better presented with 4 fingers and so it has remained until today. Each of the characters had to be drawn in the past - our hero Mickey Mouse has more than 50 thousand drawings which translates into more than 6 minutes of animated film. Therefore, this saving in the number of fingers saved time for drawing, and thus huge savings of money for the character draftsmen.
5) Mickey Mouse has been wearing white gloves since the first film in 1929, and we have never seen him take them off in any production to date. That is why it is said that since then he always wears white gloves.
6) Our hero is married to Minni - at least that's what the creator of these characters, Disney, officially said. However, nowhere in any short or feature-length animated film is there any mention of this.