Taco is a popular Mexican dish that has become a favorite around the world.
Taco Coloring Book
- Ingredients and form: A taco is a dish consisting of a tortilla (usually corn or flour) that is filled with various ingredients. Traditionally, the tortilla is folded in half to form an "envelope" that holds the ingredients.
- Filling: Taco fillings can be very diverse. The most common ingredients are meat (beef, pork, chicken), fish or seafood (such as shrimp), as well as vegetables (tomatoes, onions, lettuce) and toppings such as cheese, guacamole, sauces or sour cream.
- Variety of styles: There are many different styles of taco, depending on the region and culinary preferences. For example, taco al pastor, taco de pescado (with fish), taco de carnitas (with braised pork) or taco de barbacoa (with mutton).
- Presentation: Tacos are usually served on a plate or in a special tray. Guests can also choose toppings and sauces according to their own taste.
- History: Taco has deep roots in Mexican culture and cuisine. They were originally street food, popular among workers. Today they have become very popular both in Mexico and abroad.
- Variations: In addition to the classic tortilla-filled taco, there are variations such as the burrito (a large tortilla wrapped in a roll around a filling), enchilada (stuffed and covered with sauce), tostada (a crispy tortilla with filling) or nachos (nachos with sauce and cheese).
- Favorite dish in the world: Taco is one of the most popular dishes in the world, especially in fast food and Mexican restaurants.
- Taco fest: The United States celebrates National Taco Day on October 4, during which people celebrate this delicious dish.
- First tray leads: The first records of tacos date back to the ancient Aztecs, who used tortillas as a type of packaging for meat and vegetables.
- Etymological trace: The word "taco" is derived from Spanish and literally means "wedge" or "piece," which may refer to the way tortillas are folded.
- Taco Bell Day: In the United States, Taco Bell, a popular fast food chain, is offering "Doritos Locos Tray Day," a promotion tied to a tray version wrapped in a shell of flavored "Doritos" nachos.
- The most expensive taco: In 2017, the world's most expensive taco was prepared in Mexico, costing $25,000. It contained luxury ingredients such as caviar, truffles and Japanese wagyu beef.
- Taco Emoji: In 2017, the tray emoji was added to the international emoji set, a testament to the global popularity of the dish.
- Taco on the space station: In 2018, astronauts on the International Space Station (ISS) prepared a tray for themselves using a space version of tortillas and frozen meat.
- Longest tortilla: In 2011, a Guinness World Record was set in Mexico, creating the longest tortilla in the world, measuring over 70 meters long!
- Global popularity: Despite its origin in Mexico, the taco has become very popular around the world, with thousands of different variations and modifications.
- Taco as street food: In many countries, especially in the United States, the tray is often served as street food in food trucks or stands on the street.
- Record appetite: In 2011, at the Festival of Querétaro in Mexico, a world record was set for eating the most trays in eight minutes - it was 54 trays!