An astronaut is a person who has been trained and ordained for space flight or other mission beyond Earth. Astronauts are responsible for performing numerous functions, including controlling a spacecraft, conducting experiments in space and contributing to space exploration.
Astronauts - information and interesting facts
Astronauts must be in very strong physical condition, as well as great mental stress. They have undergone heavy training and testing to ensure safety on space stations or spacecraft. Astronauts have also learned how to deal with unpredictable situations and how to perform their duties safely and effectively.
Astronaut how to become ?
To become an astronaut, you must have a bachelor's or master's degree in fields such as technology, physics or engineering. In addition, you must have significant scientific or military work experience. If you meet these requirements, you can apply on the NASA website or the Astronauts program (ASTP) of any country.
1. Apollo 11 as the first flight to the moon contained only three astronauts-Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin and Michael Collins.
2. astronauts are unable to cry in space because tears can evaporate due to inertia.
3 In 1994, astronaut John Glenn became the first man to orbit the Earth, returning to it after a 36-year hiatus.
4. Stanley Kubrick's 1968 "2001: A Space Odyssey" inspired NASA to design the Voyager space probe.
5 In 1984, astronaut Bruce McCandless used fully self-contained wings to fly through space.
6 The first female astronaut was Valentina Tereshkova, who flew on the "Vostok 6" mission in 1963.
7. astronaut Alan Shephard was the first man to shoot a golf ball into space.
8 The first human expedition to Mars was scheduled to take place in 1986, but was canceled for technical reasons.
9 In 2012, astronaut Sunita Williams spent a record amount of time in the space station - 295 days and 17 hours.
10 Although astronaut Chris Hadfield played guitars in space, it is forbidden for astronauts to make other sounds.
11. Brian Duffy is the first astronaut to undergo laparoscopic surgery in space.
12. astronaut Jerry Linenger lost an ear periosteum at the end of his stay on Mir station.
13 The first black astronaut, Guion Bluford, ascended into space in 1983.
14. astronaut Stephen Robinson repaired the damaged surface of the space vehicle by going outside the space station.
15 In 2016, astronaut Jeff Williams had the most days in space of all Americans - 534 days.
16 In 2012, astronaut Donald Pettit built matches from small pieces of metal isolated from various locations on the space station.
17 Before Douglas Hurley became the first astronaut to fly SpaceX into space, he was the co-pilot of a McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 aircraft.
18. Scott Kelly is the first astronaut to spend a year in space.
19. Ilan Ramon is the first astronaut to come from Israel.
20. Eric Boe is the first astronaut to land on Earth after a strange mission.