Coloring Book The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
- Species: "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K." is a comedy, supernatural, school and everyday life.
- Manga: The manga by Shūichi Asō was published from 2012 to 2018 in Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine. It consists of 26 volumes.
- The plot: The series tells the story of Kusuo Saiki, a teenager with powerful paranormal powers such as telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation. Despite these abilities, Kusuo wants to lead an ordinary life and avoid all problems, but situations around him often turn into absurd and comical situations.
- Main Character: Kusuo Saiki is the protagonist of the series. His paranormal abilities give him tremendous powers, but also lead to complications, especially when he wants to remain unnoticed.
- Supporting Characters: In addition to Kusuo, the series features many other characters who affect the main character's life in various ways. These include friends, siblings and classmates.
- Anime adaptation: The manga lived to see an anime adaptation, which premiered in 2016. The first series has 120 episodes lasting about 5 minutes each. A second series, consisting of 24 full-length episodes, was released in 2018.
- Humor: Humor plays a key role in the series. The plot often oscillates around absurd and comedic situations resulting from the use of paranormal abilities in everyday situations.
- Black comedy: Often the series touches on black comedy, using the protagonist's supernatural abilities to make funny and unexpected points.
- Supernatural world: Although most events take place in a realistic world, Kusuo's supernatural abilities add supernatural elements.
- Popularity: Both the manga and anime have gained popularity in Japan and abroad for their unique sense of humor and original approaches to the concept of supernatural abilities.
- Strong protagonist: Kusuo Saiki, the main character of the series, has many paranormal abilities, such as telepathy, telekinesis, and predicting the future. These abilities, which were supposed to make his life easier, often lead to comedic troubles.
- Short form anime: Although the first anime series has as many as 120 episodes, each episode lasts only about 5 minutes. This gives the series a dynamic rhythm, and the humor is delivered in short and funny doses.
- Pop culture references: "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K." contains numerous references to Japanese pop culture, including other anime, movies and famous characters.
- The mysterious ability to predict the future: Kusuo Saiki is able to predict future events, but often tries to avoid changing them, as this often leads to unexpected consequences.
- Diversity of characters: The series introduces many supporting characters with different personalities and abilities that affect Kusuo's life.
- Live-action adaptation: In addition to the anime adaptation, "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K." also lived to see a live-action adaptation in the form of a Japanese TV series and two feature films.
- Black characters: The series features anti-hero characters who are often a source of humor as they try to exploit Kusuo or manipulate events in a comedic manner.
- Characters from other series: Some episodes featured characters from other popular anime series, a reference to otaku culture.
- Popularity in the West: The series has also received considerable attention from outside Japan, gaining fans around the world.
- Comedy Contrast: The series exploits the contrast between Kusuo's supernatural abilities and everyday situations, creating humor in the resulting contradictions.